Acalphya Indica, commonly known as Indian nettle, is native to India as its name indicates. It is a medicinal herb having anthelmintic, expectorant, emetic, anodyne, hypnotic, antimicrobial , antiparasitic and wound healing properties. It has been used traditionally for treating various conditions like pneumonia, asthma, rheumatism , bedsores, wounds etc. The juice of Indian nettle herb is mixed with oil or lime to treat various skin diseases. Indian nettle is also a very good remedy for unwanted hair, especially facial hair, as it gently permeates the skin gradually thinning hair on face. With time, facial hair fall off and then stop growing altogether. Turmeric, with its anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties is one of the skin friendly herbs that works excellently with Indian nettle to get you rid of unwanted facial hair.
- Indian Nettle Leaves- a handful
- Fresh turmeric root- 1-2 inches OR turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- Wash the leaves of Indian nettle properly and crush or grind them to get paste.
- Grind the fresh turmeric to get 1 tsp turmeric paste.
- Mix 1 tsp fresh turmeric root’s paste to this. You may also mix 1 tsp turmeric powder if you don’t get fresh turmeric.
- Apply this paste on your face where you have unwanted hair.
- Leave it for a couple of hours before you wash it off.
- It is better if you apply this paste before going to bed and then wash it off in the morning.
- Repeat everyday for 4-6 weeks to see your unwanted hair go away from you face.
2. Oatmeal Scrub to Remove Facial Hair
The gentle grainy texture of oatmeal makes a good facial exfoliating agent. Scrubs have always been useful in removing hair. However, commercially available scrubs may sometimes leave sensitive skin dry, itchy and red. Oatmeal, on the other hand, due to its avenathramide class of antioxidants is able to reduce redness and protect your skin against UV sun damage. When you make these natural scrub using oatmeal and other skin friendly ingredients, you not only get rid of unwanted hair but also get soft, hydrated and smooth skin.
How to make oatmeal scrub for unwanted facial hair removal?
- Coarsely ground oatmeal- 1/2 tsp
- Honey- 1 tbsp
- Fresh lemon juice- 6-8 drops
- Mix oatmeal, honey and lemon juice to get a paste.
- Apply this on your face.
- Leave for 15-20 minutes.
- After this, gently rub your face in circular motion for about 2-5 minutes. Where you have hair on your face, rub against the direction of the hair growth. Keep your hand gentle.
- Now wash it off.
- Repeat 2-3 times a week.